-->

Sunday 1 November 2009

The Event: How Racist Are You? / Staff Party

I watched a program on Channel 4 the other night with my boyfriend called The Event: How Racist Are You? It was a pretty interesting watch and if you live in the Uk you can still watch it online at 4 on demand.

This is the summery taken from the website.

"Are we all more racist than we realise or would like to admit?

For this Channel 4 documentary Jane Elliott, a controversial former schoolteacher from Ohio, is recreating the shocking exercise she used forty years ago to teach her nine-year-old pupils about prejudice.

Elliott is asking thirty adult British volunteers - men and women of different ages and backgrounds - to experience inequality based on their eye colour to show how susceptible we can all be to bigotry, and what it feels like to be on the other side of arbitrary discrimination.

Does Elliott's exercise still have something to teach us four decades on and in a different country? Presented by Krishnan Guru-Murthy, the exercise is observed throughout by two expert psychologists, Prof Dominic Abrams and Dr Funké Baffour, who will be unpicking the behaviour on display."

It would be interesting to know your thoughts on this.

Moving on I've bought my dress for the staff party which I'm DETERMIND to make. My due date is the 1st of December and the party is on November 25th. Lewis doesn't think i'll make it and that i'll pop before hand but so help me god The pregnant lady will go to the ball! Why am I so determind to go? Because work never do much to say Thankyou to their staff and if one party a year is all they are going to throw and bitch and moan the rest of the year then im going!



This dress is actually great for me. I have a tiny bump, like a football so I havn't got to worry about wearing floaty stuff nor have I bought a single " Maternity" thing - just normal clothing a size up or 2. That and I love it with a passion :D The best part it only cost me £5! So i'll be wearing this, some lacey leggings and my faithful topshop stud shoes(with flats in bag for later on). Is it sad that im already thinking up makeup and hair ideas? :(








post signature

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment